ReviewsNo reviews yet
The Rongai route is the only route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the north, close to the Kenyan border. Though gaining popularity amongst climbers, this route still experiences low crowds. Rongai has a more gradual slope than the mountain’s other routes.
It is the preferred route for those looking for an alternative to the popular Marangu route, for those who would like a more remote hike, and for those who are climbing during the rainy season (the north side receives less precipitation). Rongai is a moderately difficult route and is highly recommended, especially for those with less backpacking experience.
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Moshi/Arusha (before & after the climb)
- Group transport to and from Moshi to the trailhead
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits, camping/hut fees, rescue fees, and Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Expert guide, assistant guides, cook, and porters
- Bottled oxygen, for emergency rescue only
- mountain tents, double occupancy
- Sleeping pad, foam, sleeping bag & trekking poles
- Mess tents, tables, chairs, lanterns
- Fresh, nutritious meals on the mountain
- Pick up and drop off at Kilimanjaro or Arusha Airport
- All Ground Transfers
- Lunch or dinner at the hotel
- Beverages at the hotel
- Personal gear and equipment (see rental prices)
- Tips (see recommended tipping guideline)
- Kilimanjaro search & rescue – air evacuation (Insurance that covers up to 6000m recommended.